Monday, August 26, 2013

Long Haul Monday

Yesterday was..... unproductive. Getting Buck's bubbled tire changed at Walmart in Amarillo took a few HOURS.... we left Amarillo at 1 pm and then the trailer tire blew out. And getting another spare for that took almost 4 hours. We didn't leave  Texas yesterday until about 6 pm. A whole day lost. We only traveled about 80 miles. 😱 

We stopped in Grant New Mexico to sleep, because even though we didn't go far yesterday, we were stilled whipped and needed sleep. It was raining in New Mexico anyways. So we booked up in a nice Travelodge and got up early to take off. Since we are goin back into time, my internal clock says its 12:30- aka lunch time, while my phone is telling me its only 10:30. So it's nice to feel like I'm ahead of the game, maybe even on time..... lol. We are currently stopped somewhere in Arizona, because Buck was tired and wanted to take a nap already. I had coffee so I'm wide awake. Bluebell and I are just hanging out in the car, out of the Arizona heat, waiting for Buck to rest up a bit.

So we have about 13 hours left in our drive, so I think we will be bookin' it out of here soon. We will only stop for gas, a bathroom, and maybe a Cracker Barrel (because we need to squeeze in a Cracker Barrel trip in before we get back to CA). In between we are snacking on granola bars and chips (THANK YOU Marion!!!!) ;) 

So today has been more productive than yesterday, with fingers crossed it continues to be so. 

Can't wait to be home! 

Xoxo-
Sarah Beth 










No comments:

Post a Comment