Saturday, January 19, 2013

Amish Visit & Service Support: January 19th

Buck stayed overnight in Kentucky so he could go bow hunting early with Andy. I still have no word to if he got a white tail or not. But I do know that Andy took Buck to a neighboring Amish family and they introduced to their livelihood to him. Buck was amazed to see that people live without electricity and cars. ;-) Then Buck stayed and watched his friend Ben, a fiddle player, perform at a local place in Kentucky. I'm not sure what town he is in, but I do know that most of Kentucky, other than Bowling Green and Louisville, are dry cities! You can't buy any alcohol or beer in KY. After the show Buck should be on his way home.

I went into work at 11 am and did not leave until 9 pm. If I thought I was tired yesterday, then I'm close to dead today. My feet are actually in pain and I'm just tired. I haven't been this physically worked in a long time! It's a different tired than from working out at a gym or running, it's a constant, irritating, pain that I was not able to get off of my feet, or stop moving my feet, for 10 hours straight. I am so excited to have tomorrow off! But today I was "service support" all day which is where I took food from the kitchen and delivered it all over the restaurant to help me learn the role of service support and to help learn all the tables and table numbers. We have 4 dining rooms and 4 showrooms/part rooms where food is delivered. That's A LOT of table numbers to know. But the next shift I work I should be waitressing. ;-)

Buck wasn't home all day and I worked for 10 hours, poor Bluebell was stuck alone in the house the whole time. :-( I felt terrible and I was thinking about her the whole time. She has a history of doing bad things when she gets stressed out, and since we haven't lived here too long I was concerned. And sure enough, she dug into the couch, where there was a previous hole from her, and dug out some stuffing. There was very little though, compared to her past damage to the couch. I spanked her, but I couldn't blame her that much because I knew that she would be stressed and lonely for that long. I gave her toys and treats (thanks mom!!) to keep her busy, but I need to purchase peanut butter to fill her kong toy for the next time that might happen.

Also I wanna send a CONGRATS shout out to my parents, who traded in the Escape and purchased a new truck today!! I wish I was here to take a ride in it!! Can't wait to see pictures. ;-)

I have a long to-do list for tomorrow so I am heading to bed. I hope you all have a wonderful evening and a beautiful Sunday tomorrow!

Xoxo-
Sarah Beth & Buck





No comments:

Post a Comment