Monday, January 21, 2013

Applications & Chipotle: January 20th

We. Slept. In. :-) Buck got home late last night from Kentucky and I was tired from work. The only reason I got up was because of Bluebell. Buck slept in till almost noon! But we are sure energized today!!! As an update for yesterday, Buck did not get a deer because they didn't see one. He said that they sat in their blinds for 3 hours and were freezing cold. He wished that he had brought his gun however because he said there were mallards everywhere from a nearby flooded cornfield. It was killing him that he didn't have a gun.

Weather here has been sunny, but cold. Once the sun starts to go down the air gets really chilly and sharp. When I leave work my Jeep is usually on the verge of freezing. But when the sun is out and in full swing during the day it's nice outside.

I gave bluebell a bath first thing today. She just smelled funny. I'm not sure what she has been into, but she needed one. Buck brought home canned green beans, canned tomatoes, canned pickles, and canned squash from Kentucky. His friend Andy has acres of farmed veggies and his wife cans them so they sent Buck home with veggies. Andy's father is a pig farmer, butcher, and sausage processor so he sent Buck home with pounds of sliced ham, ribeyes, pork chops, pork sausage, hamburger, and tenderloins. Soooooo Buck made breakfast this morning! Egg omelets with green beans, yellow squash, ham, and potatoes. I didn't know that Buck had never actually cooked an egg before... But he did a great job. :-)

By the time we finished breakfast and were showered and dressed it was almost 3 pm lol. Not a very productive day I guess. But I was determined to make it to Starbucks to get an Internet connection. I wanted to do some job searching. There wasn't too much in the area, but I'm going to keep looking.

Right next door to Starbucks is a Chipotle. I LOVE, love, love Chipotle but Buck has never been to one. So I took Buck there for dinner. As he grew up with real Mexican food made by his mom and family, he wasn't too impressed. But at least he tried it!

We are now back at home watching the football game. We didn't see the niners game, but since everybody and their sister posted it on Facebook, I know that they are on the way to Super Bowl. I know my dad is bummed, but my mom and grandpa are happy!!

We are praying for our families safety and health. We miss you guys!! Hope you all have a wonderful Monday and hopefully it is a day-off for you as it is Martin Luther King Jr day!

Xoxo-
Sarah Beth & Buck







No comments:

Post a Comment