Sunday, January 13, 2013

Floods & Training : January 13th

8:00 a.m. Buck's phone starts blaring the warning sound that the radio makes for an alert announcement. And sure enough, it was an alert text message saying that there was a weather advisory warning us that flooding was a hazard in our area until about 3 p.m. What a scary thing to wake up to!! It is raining today, but our neighbors don't seem to be making any serious precautions so I'm hoping that means that our little neighborhood is safe. I don't really know what to do with floods I didn't grow up with them.

Today was my first day of work. I was there from noon to 4:30 and was in the office the whole time. I had paper work to fill out, videos to watch, and a server safety test to take. The server safety test was sooo long and it wore me out. But I passed (barely) and I got to leave. The restaurant is connected to the mall so afterwards I went and bought a work shirt and belt. The only thing that D&B provides is the apron..... I think they should have provided the shirts at least, but oh well. And now I have a full schedule! I work Tuesday through Saturday, 9:30 am to 5 pm or 4:00 pm to midnight!

Buck hung around the house today, digging water ditches and finally put his clothes away. He also hung his motocross photos in the den. Then he took a drive out to Mt. Juliet, which is a small town on the very outskirts of Nashville. His new guitar player lives there and he needed to deliver CD's with songs for the trip back to California. While he was out and about, he ate Zaxby's, which is a lot like Chic-fil-a (so he says) :-)

After I got off of work we went home, scarfed down dinner, and then went downtown Nashville again to The Wheel and watched Gary Gibson play again with Buck's friend Stan Saxton. While they were playing Gary called me out from the crowd, and asked me to pass the tip jar along. Between songs he said, "Alright everybody, as I'm sure you know, we play up here for tips and for tips only. So I'm gonna ask the only girl I know in this bar, well kind of know.... a little bit, to go around and get our tips! Sarah, would you please be our tip jar girl tonight? Listen up everyone!! This is Sarah, Buck's girlfriend, and she is comin' around to collect tips for the band! She will stand at your table all night till you put a dollar in the bin. Thank you!!" So I grabbed the wooden tip jar that was on the stage (that looked like old fence posts glued together) and I walked around to every table, as friendly as I could be (thinking this would be the perfect job for Laura Paschke!!) Laura can charm money out of anybody ;-)

So we are here for the night, doing our thing, and we will head home soon. I have to get up tomorrow and go to an alcohol serving class tomorrow for work, because it is required by the state of Tennessee for all servers. :-)

It's officially been a week since we have been in Nashville. But it feels like it's been two or three weeks!! It's amazing how you can loose track of dates and time with no work or school to remind you everyday. But we are enjoying ourselves still. But I do have to say we miss our family and friends. :( We love you all and we can't wait to come home for a visit.

Xoxo-
Sarah Beth & Buck





No comments:

Post a Comment