Monday, January 7, 2013

Sandwiches, Interviews, & TV time: January 8th

My mom randomly asked me yesterday if we had smoke detectors in the house. At the time she asked me, I didn't know. But last night, when we got back home from watching the Time Jumpers perform, Buck decided he was hungry. So he commenced to cooking frozen burritos in oil on the stove. Well, while he was waiting for the oil to heat up, an electrical circuit went out and our appliances all turned off. So he went and fixed the circuit, but left the oil on the hot stove. So when he came back and placed the burritos in the hot, hot oil, they burned so fast he could hardly get them out! I was in the bathroom washing my face when I could smell smoke. I had to laugh cause I knew he had to have burned them. So we learned that the house does NOT have fire detectors because if it did, they would have defiantly gone off last night.

We haven't officially been grocery shopping yet. We just picked up some food when we went to Walmart last. So we have been eating turkey sandwiches everyday, sometimes twice a day. We have the burritos, but they just sound gross to me lol. Other than that we have cereal :)

Today was pretty relaxed for us. Buck worked on a set list to give to a new guitar player. It turned into quite the chore because we don't have Internet. Buck also realized he doesn't have a printer or copier. So he tried to use mine, but his computer wasn't compatible with my printer, so he had to re-type everything on my Mac to get it all to work.

Bluebell got a bath and it was the easiest bath I have ever given her because of our handy dandy removable shower head. It's the best thing in the bathroom!

And we STILL DO NOT HAVE HEAT! The propane guy came to the house at the crack of dawn when we were still sleeping and had no idea he was there. So the gas man is supposed to come back tomorrow. So hopefully we will have heat tomorrow. Though honestly we are so used to the cold, we have our system down. We move the portable heater (still the one we are borrowing from our neighbor Jerry) around the house to whichever room we are working in. We wear layers of clothes and then we make sure to turn on the heating blanket before bed! :-)

For good news....as of today, I'M EMPLOYED! It's just a waitressing job but I am thankful to have a job to go to and to know ill have a paycheck coming in. So I'll be waitressing at Dave & Busters, right next door to the Grand Ole Opry! I've been in there three times now, and it's aLwAyS packed. So hopefully I'll be making some good tips! I walked in for an interview today an he offered me the position right there. And I start tomorrow for training! Crazy huh :) hopefully it's a fun and busy job.

We stopped downtown Nashville at Tequila Cowboy to check out a guitar player that Buck is considering. We thought we found a parking spot (which are HARD to find in downtown Nashville) and after we pulled in, when we realized we were parked in front of a fire hydrant. The curb was not painted red, so we walked into the western we had parked in front of, to ask if we were in a real parking spot or not. The gentleman working at the western store offered to keep an eye on our van and to make an excuse if anyone tried to write us a ticket!! I can't believe how nice some of the people are over here!!! :)

Tonight we made salad, hotdogs, and good ole Mac n Cheese. Nothing burnt thankfully :) But Buck did have to go to the store down the street to get butter.

And tonight we are staying in and watching a movie on the TV in the living room, rather than the iPad. :) We are having a good time over here, but we do miss everyone and our families. We love you guys and we are keeping you all in our prayers.

Xoxo -
Sarah Beth













No comments:

Post a Comment