Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Closing January

I can't believe January is almost over!! This past month has flown by and was full of new and exciting life changes. I am so thankful for all the changes, and the love and support from everyone who was there for us throughout all of this!

Buck took a flight from Nashville this morning at 7 am along with his new guitar player Mr. Jeffery Lyle. I dropped them off at the airport at 5 am. Buck and Jeff had luggage that was too heavy, so as they were trying to negotiate the price of the over-weighted luggage Buck ended up being upgraded to first-class! So he had a nice flight. He is so lucky to be home with everyone.

I had the day off today, and I crossed everything off of my to-do list. Filled the Jeep with gas (only $3.05 because I'm a Kroger Grocery rewards member), filled out a Bureau of Indian Affairs form, applied for a job online, received/scanned/sent my W-2 forms, paid our Comcast bill, verified my CSU degree was correct and posted, and mailed out my change of address to decline the jury duty noticed I received from Butte County!! I also found a way to transfer my music files from my laptop to my new iMac. But it's only transferring one file at a time via the Internet so I have to click on every song to make it transfer. Maybe not the most efficient way, but it works and it will save me some money from having to pay for someone to transfer it all for me.

The weather here has been kind of crappy! When I leave work (usually from 11pm-1am) my jeep is covered in ice. The last two days has been in a full cloud cover with some rain and drizzle. There is a wind too. Mom saw a tornado warning for West Tennessee, so now I'm a little more aware of the weather and have the TV on just in case there is a warning signal. I don't think anything will happen, as I'm more in the center of Tennessee, but still... a tornado? I don't know the first thing to do in the case of a tornado!!! I actually wish we had a basement now lol.

Work has been busy. We had a Sherman-William convention at the Opry Mills hotel next door so we have been having lots of big parties come in. Im bringing home alright amount of tips! but the. I remember my base pay of $2.13 and i loose my excitement. Lol I'm pretty tired of working 10 and 12 hour days though so I'm keeping an eye out for a better job opportunity.

I joined a gym this week! I toured a few gyms in the are, but was having a hard time deciding on one because my last gym, the Wrec at Chico State, was the BEST gym. I was so spoiled with the school gym that I have a high expectation for gyms now. But I finally found the Nashville Athletic Club that has full cardio equipment, weights, but most importantly spinning and spin classes. They have other classes too like boot camp and total body workouts. A plus is hat there is tanning! So whenever I feel like getting a "summer glow" I won't have to pay anyone extra. :)

We have been eating pretty good over here. All home cooked meals thanks to Buck's friend Andy. We are still eating ham for breakfast. Buck made T-bone steaks with a salad and baked potato for his last night here. And today I cooked the hamburger Andy gave us to add to the spaghetti sauce and noodles. There is NO way I will eat all the meat we have from And's house, so hopefully it will last 2 months in the freezer until Buck comes back!

I want to send a huge THANK YOU to Kaila Hansen! Buck and I received a very sweet scrapbook full of photos with friends and family. So sweet Kaila, thank you so much!! We have it sitting in our living room for all the see :)

Buck has a full two months booked back in California so if your in the area, go see his show! He will be in Oroville and Chico within the next two months. :-)

Xoxo-
Sarah Beth











No comments:

Post a Comment