Friday, January 11, 2013

Traffic Jams & Date Night: January 11

I just feel the need to point out that, Nashville has the slowest stop lights ever. Seriously.

It may be hard to believe, but I hung more stuff on our walls! The living room and kitchen had been finished, but our bedrooms were bare. Then I cleaned the house again. It took some time because my vacuum literally threw up on me. There was too much dog hair for it to handle, and it all came back out on me in the bathroom. I'm sure you can imagine how thrilled I was. :-/

Buck had a writing session with Mr. Will Nance down on music row. He was gone for a few hours and when he came back, Buck, Bluebell, and I went for a walk around our neighborhood! The weather was beyond perfect today, sunny with a light wind. We looked at all the houses, met a lot of neighborhood dogs, and learned the neighboring streets better.

When we got back to the house, we saw our neighbor Jerry in his front yard so we returned his heater to him. Jerry told us a whole list of places to eat, and tried telling us how to get to the nearest Kroger. Krogers are the main grocery store chains here in Nashville.

While we were looking for houses to rent before we moved out, we thought we had found the perfect house on Ewing Dr. I was in contact with the realtor and Buck put the application in and everything, when one of Buck's friends informed us that the house, though beautiful, was located in a really bad part of town. We were so tired of looking for houses, and so bummed to be told bad news about the house, that we still almost rented the Ewing house despite the bad neighborhood. Randy ended up finding the very house that we are living in, and thankfully it's in a good neighborhood, but Buck and I wanted to go visit the Ewing house, just to see what was so bad about the neighborhood. So we left the house around 3:30.... and what a bad idea that was!! We hit bad traffic throughout all the freeways. It took forever! Buck is a little more aware of traffic jams, growing up near I-80, but I haven't had to deal with traffic for quite some time now so I really need to learn when the main traffic times are. :-/ Anyways, just as everyone had told us, the house is adorable and very nice.... but it is in a very bad neighborhood. There were cars everywhere, trash everywhere, and people walking and just sitting around outside their little duplexes. Every single one of them stared at us as we drove by!! Eeeek! And there were lots of Obama signs. :-/

So we left that area and stopped by Earnest Tubb's Record Shop out by the Grand Ole Opry to see if they has any good vinyl records for sale. They had goods ones, but they were expensive!! So when we were driving back to the house, I spotted a store that advertised for selling and buying records. Little did we know, that I had found the mother load!! The music store was completely filled with records, tapes, 8-tracks, and CD's. I know we will be back in that store many, many times. :)

And tonight we are staying in again, making dinner, and watching a movie. We have no money to go out, but we like it at home. :)

And we want to send a shout out to little Jayden, and we hope Jay had the best 3rd birthday ever!! We love you lil guy!

Xoxo-
Sarah Beth & Buck

















1 comment:

  1. I think your house is so cute and you are makikg quite the home out of it. I enjoy every night reading about your new adventure and am super excited for the two of you :)

    ReplyDelete